Alyson Hannigan Husband
Meet actor Alexis Denisof, the actor known for his roles in the t.v. series buffy the Vampre Slayer, Highlander, How I met your Mother and How I Met your Father among other is also Allison Hannigan husband and father of her two daughters.
Alyson Hannigan Parents
Alyson Hannigan, originally named Allison Lee Hannigan, was born in Washington D.C. on March 24, 1974. She is the only child of Emilie (Posner) Haas, a real estate agent, and Alan Hannigan, a trucker for Teamsters. Her father has Irish roots while her mother is of Jewish descent. Alyson’s acting career began at a young age of four when she started featuring in commercials and she made the move to Hollywood when she was just 11 years old.
While residing with her mother and studying at North Hollywood High School, Alyson auditioned for agents during her visits to her father in Santa Barbara and successfully secured representation. Following her high school education, she pursued higher studies at California State University, Northridge. Here, she was part of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority and graduated with a degree in psychology.
Allison Hannigan Career
Alyson Hannigan’s acting journey started early, at the tender age of four, with commercial appearances. Her family relocated to Hollywood when she was 11 years old, which led her to secure an agent.
Her entrance into the world of film began with supporting roles in comedies such as “Impure Thoughts” (1986) and “My Stepmother Is an Alien” (1988). The latter performance earned her a nomination for a Young Artist Award. In 1999, Alyson became a familiar face in the “American Pie” film series, portraying Michelle Flaherty, the series’ main love interest, from 1999 to 2012. She received three Teen Choice Award nominations and won a Young Hollywood Award for this role. Later, she starred in films like “Date Movie” (2006), “You Might Be the Killer” (2018), and “Flora & Ulysses” (2021).
On the small screen, Alyson made her debut as a lead in the short-lived sitcom “Free Spirit” from 1989 to 1990, earning another Young Artist Award nomination. After several minor roles in TV movies and series, she landed a breakthrough role as Willow Rosenberg, a teenage witch, in the popular series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” appearing in every episode from 1997 to 2003. This role gained her critical acclaim, a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television, and a Teen Choice Award. From 2005 to 2014, she portrayed Lily Aldrin in the hit sitcom “How I Met Your Mother,” for which she won two People’s Choice Awards. Since 2016, she has been hosting “Penn & Teller: Fool Us,” and she also provides the voice for Claire Clancy in Disney Junior’s animated series “Fancy Nancy” (2018–2022).
Alyson Hannigan Husband
Alyson Hannigan tied the knot with Alexis Denisof, her co-star from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel”, on October 11, 2003. The wedding ceremony took place at the Two Bunch Palms Resort in Desert Hot Springs, California.
They have made their home in Encino, Los Angeles, where they live with their two daughters. Their first daughter, Satyana Marie, was born in March 2009, and their second daughter, Keeva Jane, arrived in May 2012.
Alexis Denisof Bio
Alexis Denisof, born in Salisbury, Maryland on February 25, 1966, is the son of Christiana Taylor and Gerald Denisof. His diverse ancestry includes Russian, Russian-Jewish, French, and Irish backgrounds. At the age of three, he relocated to Seattle, Washington. He was a student at Highline College, where his mother served as the head of the drama department.
After completing his education at St Paul’s School in Concord, New Hampshire when he was seventeen, Alexis moved to London, England. He spent several years living and working in London, during which time he furthered his studies at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
More Stories for you
The Richest Celebrities In The World
- Dan Newlin Net Worth
- Bob Weir Net Worth
- Rapper Ohgeesy’s Net Worth
- Liquor Brands Own by Celebrities
- More Celebrity Net Worth
Most popular Bios
- Pam Baker Cocker: Singer Joe Cocker’s Wife
- Melinda Trucks Allman Brothers Butch Trucks’ Wife
- Adam West’s Wife Marcelle Tagand Lear
- Armstead Edwards: Patti LaBelle’s Ex- Husband
- Singer Sade’s Boyfriend Ian Watts
- More Bios
Alexis Denisof Career Timeline
- Alexis Denisof began his career in the film industry as the fight director for a stage production of Hamlet and for several BBC productions in 1991.
- His first lead role was in Murder Story (1989), where he played an investigative reporter opposite Sir Christopher Lee.
- He appeared in George Harrison’s music video for “Got My Mind Set On You”.
- In 1995, he had a small part in First Knight, sharing scenes with Sean Connery and Richard Gere.
- He worked with Sean Bean in three episodes of Sharpe as Lord John Rossendale in 1997.
- His most famous character, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, was introduced in 1999 in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and later appeared in Angel.
- After the end of Angel in 2004, Denisof’s career slowed down except for a recurring role in How I Met Your Mother and various stage productions.
- He was considered for the role of James Bond in Casino Royale but lost to Daniel Craig.
- In 2008, he appeared in season 2 of Private Practice.
- He appeared in four episodes of Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse as Senator Daniel Perrin in 2009.
- He reprised his role in How I Met Your Mother in 2011, appearing in 10 episodes total.
- Since 2011, Denisof has been active, doing voice work for Justice League: Doom and appearing in several webseries.
- He reunited with Joss Whedon for two films: The Avengers and Much Ado About Nothing.
- In August 2013, he joined the third season of NBC’s Grimm.
- He reprised his role from The Avengers in Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014 and started starring in MTV’s Finding Carter.
- In 2018, he starred in the web series I Love Bekka & Lucy and was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award.
- Denisof joined the second season of Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina in 2018.
- In 2019, he began playing Professor Vardemus in the TV show Legacies.
- In 2023, he appeared in two episodes of the television series How I Met Your Father.