Matthew Hutchins is the grieving husband of cinematographer Hayna Hutchins, killed on the set of the film Rust, by a prop gun, shot by actor and producer Alec Baldwin. Hayna along with director Joel Souza was shot by a prop gun; Halyna was rushed in an air ambulance to the University of New Mexico Hospital, but sadly was pronounced dead a short time later; Mr. Souza was taken to Christus St.Vincent’s Regional Medical Center, and is recovering.
Halyna Hutchins Bio Facts
- 42-year-old Halyna Hutchins lived in Venice Beach with her husband Matthew and their little son. She was born in 1979, in Ukraine; Hutchins, and raised in a Soviet military base in the Arctic circle.
“She grew up on a Soviet military base where there wasn’t much to do but watch movies. So she fell in love with movies at a young age, came over here, was really making a name for herself as a cinematographer of genre movies. She was known for action films and horror films. It is just a devastating loss, I think, to everybody in the cinematography community,” Hemphill told CNN.
- Halyna graduated in 2015, from the Amerian Film Institute, before that Halyna graduated with a graduate degree in International Journalism from Kyiv National University in Ukraine
- Before Mrs. Hutchins moved to the United States, she worked as an investigative journalist with British documentary productions.
“That led her to come over here to the US to work in a film industry where she kind of brought that eye that she had from documentaries and nonfiction filmmaking to action movies and horror movies. They had this sort of immediacy and realism as well as this eye for beauty that she had and it was a really unique look,” Hemphill said Friday. “It was really announcing her as somebody to watch.”
- She has selected American Cinematographer’s Rising Stars in 2015.
- In 2018, Halyna was selected cinematographer for the 21st Century Fox DP Lab.
- Halyna was the director of cinematography in Pollyanna McIntosh’s 2019 film Darlin; last year she worked on Adam Egypt Mortimer’s film Archenemy and also in Michael Nell’s film Blindfire starring Brian Geraghty and Sharon Leal.
- Halyna Hutchins died on October 21, 2021, in Alburquerque, New Mexico; Alex Baldwin commented.
“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours,” Baldwin said. “My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”
Halyna Hutchins Husband
Matthew Hutchins, Halyna’s husband and father of her son has spoken to the media about his wife’s tragic death.
“I don’t think there are words to communicate the situation,” Matthew Hutchins, 38, told Insider by phone. I am not going to be able to comment about the facts or the process of what we’re going through right now, but I appreciate that everyone has been very sympathetic.”
“I think that we will need a little bit of time before we can really encapsulate her life in a way that is easy to communicate,” Matthew Hutchins said.
‘Halyna loved him so much and enjoyed watching him grow into the handsome boy he is today,’ one friend wrote in a moving Instagram tribute. ‘I know she is looking after him and Matt in this horribly scary time.’
38-year-old Matthew William Hutchins was born on January 31, 1983, to Earl Wayne Hutchins and his first wife Katherine Sadowski, also parents to his brother Christopher Hubert of Lorain, Ohio. His father Earl graduated from Winder-Barrow High School and had an M.D. from Medical College of Georgia; Earl Hutchins was an urgent care physician in the Navy’s Exigent Medical Center.
Matthew Hutchins graduated in 2005, with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of South Carolina and his Juris Doctorate in 2010, from Harvard Law School, where he also was editor in chief of the Harvard Law Record.
He was a law clerk to Hon. Allan L. Gropper, in 2015, served on the innovations Program Committee for Town Hall Los Angeles and was an associate for Shadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom as well as for Kirkland & Ellis.
In 2016, was legal counsel for TPG Global; Hutchins was a VP and corporate counsel for STX Entertainment and ErosSTX. Later on, was a general counsel for IJW Whiskey Company in Beverly Hills. He is currently an associate at Latham & Watkins in Los Angeles.
More Stories for you
The Richest Celebrities In The World
- Dan Newlin Net Worth
- Bob Weir Net Worth
- Rapper Ohgeesy’s Net Worth
- Liquor Brands Own by Celebrities
- More Celebrity Net Worth
Most popular Bios
- Pam Baker Cocker: Singer Joe Cocker’s Wife
- Melinda Trucks Allman Brothers Butch Trucks’ Wife
- Adam West’s Wife Marcelle Tagand Lear
- Armstead Edwards: Patti LaBelle’s Ex- Husband
- Singer Sade’s Boyfriend Ian Watts
- More Bios