This guy is Shane Stant, he is the man who on January 6, 1994, attacked Olympic figure skater Nancy Kerrigan with a collapsible baton, so that Nancy wouldn’t compete at the 1994 Winter Olympics leaving Kerrigan ‘s rival Tonya Harding with all the medals.
- The first fact you need to know is that Shane Stant, received $6,500 to attack Nany Kerrigan, from Tonya Harding‘s then-husband Jeff Gillooly. Harding said she had no knowledge of her husband’s plan.
- On Jan. 14, 1994, after turning himself to the police, Stant pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit second-degree murder and spent 18 months in prison. He recently said they considered crippling her, but he wasn’t going to do it.
“The ultimate goal was so that she wouldn’t skate at the Nationals,” said Stant.
“There was initial talk of like, cutting her Achilles tendon, which obviously would cripple her. I didn’t think it was necessary. I wasn’t willing to do that on top of that.”
- Stant was born Shane Minoka Stant Loomis on April 15, 1971, in Los Angeles, California. He later moved to Phoenix, Arizona, Leban and Corvallis, Oregon. Shane Stant currently lives in Gardena, California, where he worked in marketing.
More Stories for you
The Richest Celebrities In The World
- Dan Newlin Net Worth
- Bob Weir Net Worth
- Rapper Ohgeesy’s Net Worth
- Liquor Brands Own by Celebrities
- More Celebrity Net Worth
Most popular Bios
- Pam Baker Cocker: Singer Joe Cocker’s Wife
- Melinda Trucks Allman Brothers Butch Trucks’ Wife
- Adam West’s Wife Marcelle Tagand Lear
- Armstead Edwards: Patti LaBelle’s Ex- Husband
- Singer Sade’s Boyfriend Ian Watts
- More Bios
- In 2005, he hoped to become a Navy SEAL, therefore he asked a judge to clear his record, however, Multnomah County Circuit Judge Julie Frantz denied him his petition, telling him that the law does not allow an assault conviction to be expunged.