Sevyn Streeter, the hot singer/songwriter was allegedly banned from singing the national anthem at an NBA game because officials had a problem with her jersey!
Sevyn, real name Amber Denise Streeter, had been hired to performed at the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder game Wednesday night. But just minutes before she was set to sing the National Anthem, Streeter said her performance was canceled.
The frustrated 30-year-old, posted on social media:
I was suppose to sing the national anthem at the @sixers and @okcthunder game in #Philly but minutes before@sixers organization said I could not because I was wearing a “We Matter” jersey. ***!
The Twittersphere has since blown up in support of the R&B singer. Read below, everything you need to know about her.
1. She is a Florida native.
Amber Denise was born on July 7, 1986 in Haines City, Florida. She is the daughter of Tim and Karen Streeter.
2. She used to be a church choir girl.
From a young age Streeter cultivated her voice in church finding inspiration from already iconic voices in gospel, R&B and pop.
3. She competed on the legendary talent show “Showtime at the Apollo”
At the young age of 10, Streeter opted to sing “My Funny Valentine,” she tied for first place.
4. She was a member of two different music groups.
She eventually inked a deal with an Orlando production company and as a teenager landed a spot in TG4. She later joined RichGirl
5. She was discovered on MySpace.
Streeter was reached by producer Rich Harrison after he heard her music on MySpace, about a group he was hoping to put together. He would call the group RichGirl.
6. She used to be known as Se7en.
While being in RichGirl she was known as Se7en. In 2012, she changed her stage name to Sevyn Streeter.
7. Sevyn has written songs for some of the most influential artists in the industry.
She lent her pen to tracks for an elite roster of R&B singer including Chris Brown, Brandy, Kelly Rowland, Alicia Keys and Estelle.
8. Sevyn is signed to Atlantic Records
She released her debut EP entitled Call Me Crazy, But in 2013.
9. She has a song with Chris Brown
In 2015, Streeter released the first single called “Don’t Kill the Fun” featuring Chris Brown.
10. Aaliyah is her biggest music influence
Streeter covered Aaliyah’s “Come Over” and wrote a letter to honor her memory.
You can find her on Twitter here.
More Stories for you
The Richest Celebrities In The World
- Dan Newlin Net Worth
- Bob Weir Net Worth
- Rapper Ohgeesy’s Net Worth
- Liquor Brands Own by Celebrities
- More Celebrity Net Worth
Most popular Bios
- Pam Baker Cocker: Singer Joe Cocker’s Wife
- Melinda Trucks Allman Brothers Butch Trucks’ Wife
- Adam West’s Wife Marcelle Tagand Lear
- Armstead Edwards: Patti LaBelle’s Ex- Husband
- Singer Sade’s Boyfriend Ian Watts
- More Bios