John Coale is the former tort lawyer husband of journalist and TV anchor, Greta Van Susteren. His 62-year-old wife, known for her work as Commentator and host for the Fox News Channel, has stunned by leaving her job at Fox.
In a statement to her social media she says:
“Fox has not felt like home to me for a few years and I took advantage of the clause in my contract which allows me to leave now”
Forbes magazine rated the Greta as the 99th most powerful lady. She ranked up to 92 in 2016. Along with being a famous anchor, Greta is also the famous defense lawyer. She became prominent due to her commentary on the double murder trial of O.J Simpson. She presented this commentary on Channel News Network.
Greta also co-hosted the CNN’s shows On the Point and Burden of Proof. She and her husband are former law partners.
John P. Coale Top Facts
- Greta and her husband, John P. Coale tied the knot in 1988. Despite their decades-long marriage, the couple did not have any children together. John P. Coale is active on social media, according to a 2015 tweet, he began dating Greta in 1979.
- However, according to The Wall Street Journal, Coale was previously married. Though there is almost zero information about his previous marriages. Some sources suggested, Mr. Coale has a daughter-in-law who is a realtor.
- John and Greta have kept their marriage out of the public eye. Not many details are out there about the couple other than, they practice Scientology.
- John P. Coale –a top-rated trial lawyer –who has handled lawsuits worth of multi-billion dollars.
- He is known for having a critical role in the negotiations between the federal government and the Cigarette companies.
- The latter was a $360 million settlement which liberated tobacco companies from the liability of death caused due to cigarettes.
- His other big case, for which he became known as, Bhopal Cole, refers to when he sued Union Carbide Corporation. His involvement was in the Bhopal Gas Leakage that happened in the year 1984.
- According to his personal website, John was profiled on CBS’s “60 Minutes” by Ed Bradley, who described John P. Coale as “at the top of his field . . .” His work has been showcased in various books, magazines and newspapers, including The National Law Journal, GQ, People Magazine, The New York Times, The Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.
- Greta and John are regulars at the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
- John P. Coale got into Scientology, in the early 1980s because he wanted to handle his problem of drug addiction.
- In 2012 he was diagnosed with throat cancer, since the diagnosis of disease, Coale has been making strong efforts to combat the disease. He also underwent open heart surgery last year.
- He is now retired.