Meet Amanda Burden the longtime girlfriend of Charlie Rose. Mr. Ross is the journalist for PBS and CBS; his girlfriend has an interesting resume of her own, check out these 10 facts about Amanda Burden that you must know.
- The first thing you must know is that Amanda was born Amanda Jay Mortimer Burden on January 18, 1944, in New York.
- The second point is that she is one of two children born to Standard Oil heir Stanton Crafton and his ex-wife Socialite Babe Paley, who died in 1978.
Olabinjo & Abimbola Osundairo Olabinjo & Abimbola Osundairo have been arrested in connection with the attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett. The duo is accused of viciously attacking … [Read The Whole Story...]
- Third is that, Mrs. Burden has one brother Stanley Grafton Mortimer III; through her dad’s second marriage she has five half-siblings, William Cushing Paley, Kate Cushing Paley, Averell Mortimer, Jay Mortimer, and David Mortimer; and through her mom’s other marriage she has two stepsiblings, Hilary Paley Califano and Jeffrey Paley.
- Fourth, is that Amanda graduated from the Westover School in Middlebury, Connecticut; subsequently in 1975, graduated from Sarah Lawrence College with a concentration in Environmental Science. In addition to that, she holds a Master of Urban Planning from Columbia University, writing an award-winning thesis about solid-waste management.
- Amanda initially, worked for Gruzen & Partners an architecture firm.
- In 1973, became the Vice President for Planning and Design of the Battery Park City Authority.
- Ultimately became director of the New York City Department of City Planning and Chair of the City Planning Commission in 2002. Amanda is nowadays, principal at Michael Bloomberg‘s Bloomberg Associates.
Marriages & Children
- Later in 1964, she marries her first husband millionaire Shirley Carter Burden, Jr., together they had two children; Flobelle Fairbanks Burden born in 1969, and S. Carter Burden III. Mr. & Mrs. Burden divorced in 1972.
- Moreover, from 1979 to 1981, she was married to Warner Communications’ head Steven J. Ross.
- Furthermore, Amanda Burden and Charlie Rose have been together since 1993.