Rebecca Miller, the American film director, screenwriter and actress, most known for her films “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits”, “The Ballad of Jack and Rose”, “Angela” and “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee”, (all of which she wrote and directed) is married with Daniel Day-Lewis since 1996. We definitely know that Daniel is the current Oscar front-runner for his performance as the title character in Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln.”
Rebecca Augusta Miller was born in September 15, 1962 in Roxbury, Connecticut. She is the daughter of Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Arthur Miller and Austrian-born photographer Inge Morath. She has a brother, Daniel, who was born in 1966 with Down Syndrome. Her father was Jewish and her mother was Protestant. She studied art at Choate Rosemary Hall and Yale University.
Suge Jacob Knight Suge Jacob Knight is the son of Marion ‘Suge’ Knight, once described as the most feared man in Hollywood. Suge Jacob Knight was born to Suge and former fiancée, Stormey Ramdhan, … [Read The Whole Story...]
In 1995, Miller went behind camera, writing and directing her first film “Angela”. Besides her films, she is the author of the novel Jacob’s Folly, which will be released in 2013. You can access her website here.
Although many websites report that Rebecca and Daniel met at her father’s house while Daniel was meeting with her dad about the movie production of “The Crucible”, Rebecca said in an interview that they met in 1995. Quoting Rebecca:
“I sent the script to Daniel way back in 1995. I arranged a screening of Angela for him, which he loved. That was how we ended up meeting- to talk about the film. From that meeting came all the rest of our relationship.”
Daniel and Rebecca were married in a private ceremony in Vermont on November 13, 1996. They have homes both in Ireland and in the U.S., but actually live in an 18th century home in Wicklow Mountains, the Irish countryside, with their two sons: Ronan Cal (born on June 14, 1998) and Cashel Blake (born in May, 2002).
Day-Lewis also has another child, Gabriel Kane (born in 1995), with French actress Isabelle Adjani. Of course, she’s not the only actress Day-Lewis has been romantically linked with, Juliette Binoche, Julia Roberts, Winona Ryder, and Greta Scacchi have all reportedly dated Daniel.
But it has been his talented wife and lover who has been awarded with the following:
- Independent Spirit: John Cassavetes Award, “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits,” 2003
- Istanbul International Film Festival: People’s Choice Award, International Competition, “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits,” 2003
- Istanbul International Film Festival: Special Prize of the Jury, International Competition, “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits,” 2003
- Sundance Film Festival: Grand Jury Prize, Dramatic, “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits,” 2002
- Brussels International Festival of Fantasy Film: Silver Raven, “ Angela,” 1996
- Gotham: Open Palm Award, “Angela,” 1995
- Sundance Film Festival: Filmmakers Trophy, Dramatic, “Angela,” 1995
Some of the films she been with into as an actress are:
- “Seven Minutes” (1989), where she starred as Anneliese.
- “Regarding Henry, in 1991, she resurfaced as Linda in the Mike Nichols directed drama starring Harrison Ford and Annette Bening.
- “Wind” (1992), a drama film directed by Carroll Ballard and starring Matthew Modine, Jennifer Grey, and Cliff Robertson.
- “Consenting Adults” (1992), by director/producer Alan J. Pakula. She also played Carrie in Paul Mazursky’s
- “The Pickle” (1993), starring Danny Aiello, Dyan Cannon and Clotilde Courau.
- “ The American Clock” (TNT, 1993), starring Darren McGavin, David Strathairn and Felton Perry, Neysa McMein in Alan Rudolph’s.
- “Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle” (1994), and a receptionist in Glenn Gordon Caron’s.
- “Love Affair” (1994), starring Warren Beatty, Annette Bening and Katharine Hepburn, before she quit acting to focus on directing and writing.
Rebecca Miller has directed:
- “Florence” (1990),
- After the Fall” (1992)
- Angela (1995)
- “Personal Velocity: Three Portraits, (2002)
- The Ballad of Jack and Rose(2005)
- Privates Lives of Pippa Lee (2009)
As a writer:
- 1995 Angela
- 2002 Personal Velocity: Three Portraits (book “Personal Velocity” / written by)
- 2005 Proof (screenplay)
- 2005 The Ballad of Jack and Rose.
- The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (book / screenplay)