Tanisha Sorenson- Alexander is Travis Alexander’s Sister

Tanisha Sorenson’s brother killer, Jodi Arias, took the stand today to build up her last defense before the jury trying her for assassination, insisting that she killed ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander because, on her own words:

He was trying to kill me.

tanisha-sorenson-pic

Arias had been the topic of a contemptuous cross-examination last week by prosecutor Juan Martinez, who questioned the 32-year-old about the atrocious way in which she murdered him, and the many lies she told after the murder.

Arias has admitted to murder Alexander but says it was for her own protection. She spent nine days on the stand during straight assessment detailing her accusations that Alexander was physically abusive and sexually abnormal, and that she was forced to kill him or be killed through an aggressive altercation at his Mesa, Ariz., home on June 4, 2008.

He was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slashed and he was shot in the head two times.

Arias could be sentenced to death if she is found guilty.

Today, Arias’ lead defense legal representative Kirk Nurmi began going throughout some of Martinez’s claims from cross-examination, giving Arias an opportunity to make clear what appeared to be lies or contradictions.

Nurmi said:

Last week you were asked several questions about how you blame everybody else and don’t take responsibility for things yourself.

In terms of admitting certain things, I recall days ago, one of first questions I asked you was whether you killed Travis Alexander. Do you recall your answer?

Arias said:

He asked:

Your answer was you did kill him and you also told us why you were forced to do that didn’t you?

She said:

Yes, well, he was trying to kill me, so I was defending myself.

He continued:

And did you go to Mr. Alexander’s home on June 4 with the intent of killing him? At any point that day did you make the conscious decision, I want to kill Travis Alexander?

She said:

That was never a thought.

Martinez, on the other hand, showed a pic of Arias from May 2008 in which the wound is not noticeable. Arias is shown with her arm casually flung around the shoulder of her sister, with her fingers bent slightly around the girl’s shoulder.

Today, Arias admitted that her crooked finger did not look for the most part bent in the pic, but then demonstrated on defense attorney Jennifer Wilmott that it appeared that manner because of the location of her hand.

Martinez had earlier referenced a loving letter Arias wrote in the memorial book at Alexander’s funeral, saying that it showed her being deficient of remorse and her enthusiasm to lie to cover up her alleged felony.

Nurmi asked:

You finish this note to him by saying, ‘I love you.’ Did you still feel that same unconditional love?

Arias said:

Well I still had love for him, yes, and, I was thinking now more in terms of eternity.

He said:

Looking at that quote — I love you — would that be a true statement on June 3, 2008 (the day before the attack)?

She answered:

The conversation followed:

And June 4?

And how about today?

Yes, it’s still true.

Tanisha Sorenson’s Biography.-

tanisha sorenson Travis Alexander sister photos

33-year-old Tanisha Alexander Sorenson was born on December 11, 1979; graduated from Rubidoux High School in California and is the owner of her own company in Redlands, CA. She has four adorable children with her beloved husband Harold Sorenson with whom she has been happily married since October 16, 2010.

“I’m a mother of 4 and a wife to an amazing Man, I love living the Gospel and Love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I know that Families are Forever thru the Plan of Salvation. My most greatest blessings in my life are my children, grand children my Husband Harold and my Brothers and Sisters. I have great friends who are super awesome. I love sports and hanging out with the family!!”

Besides Travis’ sister Tanisha he had his sisters Hillary,  Sam, and  brothers Dennis, Gary,  and  Steven.

Travis Alexanders sisters tanisha sam hillary brother stevenHillary Wilcox Travis Alexander sisterMichael Alexander Travis Alexander brotherSam Alexander Travis Alexander sistertanisha sorenson Travis Alexander sister-pic

You can check Travis Alexander’s sister Tanisha on Facebook here and  MySpace here.

Comments

1. Bill Farmer says:

Why has Tanisha sold all these images of herself and her husband to the media for this story? I thought this was about Travis and his tragic death. It seems to me that Tanisha is profiting from the death of her brother. Quite frankly I have no interest in seeing her wedding photos. Nor am I interested in her husband of just a couple of years, who probably never met Travis. The two of them seem like opportunists.

• She didn’t the photos are from facebook

• Jeesh, guess she should have checked in with you, Mr. Farmer before she created a facebook page. The nerve of some victims!

• How does Tanisha have 4 kids when she got married in 2010? Were they his kids? And somewhere I read she had grandkids, how? Maybe I read that wrong, but I know that’s what it said. Just curious.

• flemke says:

Even if she did sell them, so what. Tanish and her husband don’t live in Phoenix. They have taken months away from their jobs in order to be there in court, every single day in support of Travis. So has his sister Samantha, who is a police officer in California. Samantha has used up all of her vacation time and leave time, to be there. Brother Steven has also been there every day. Several other brothers and sisters have been there at various times. So if they are selling photo’s to help defray some of the costs of an over four month trial, I for one don’t have a problem with it.

2. nerida morales says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, CONTACT ME, I AM NOT A FAN OF FACEBOOK, BUT I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE COST THAT YOUR FAMILY IS GOING THRU. DEAR LORD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I AM FROM CHGO, ILL IF YOU GUYS ARE EVER HERE MY HUMBLE HOME IS OPEN TO YOU. MY HEART IS SADDENED WITH THIS SCORNED WOMEN. BELIEVE ME I HAVE BEEN THRU BAD RELATIONSHIPS WHERE I WAS KINDA OBSESSED WITH THE GUY, GUYS ARE GUYS AND USUALLY IN MY EYES I JUST CALLLED THEM AS——-H—–S. THAT DOES NOT GIVE ME AN EXCUSE TO KILL THEM. AND WITH ALL THE RELIGION SHE KNOWS ….MORMAN, THE SECRET……… ETC YOU FORGIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS DEMONIC AND I BET ANY MONEY SHE TOUCHED INTO THAT WORLD…….SHE COULDN’T DEAL WITH THE GOODNESS YOUR BROTHER HAD INSTILLED IN HIS HEART……. YEAH MAYBE SHE MANIPULATED HIM WITH SEX…….. FOR A WHILE…………I WAS A FOSTER PARENT FOR OVER 18 YEARS AND I SPECIALIZED IN SEXUALLY ABUSED CHILDREN. ONE BIG LESSON WE LEARNED IN CLASSES WAS THAT EVEN A 4 YEAR OLD THAT IS TOUCHED IN THE ————-PLACE WILL ENJOY IT……. WHY???? IT IS TOTALLY HUMAN FOR IT TO FEEL GOOD. THATS WHY SEXUAL ABUSE IS SO TRAUMATIC BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT IS NOT RIGHT BUT YET IT FEELS GOOD……..sHE SORT OF PULLED THAT ON HIM… SHE’S EVIL………………………………………….

3. Bernadine says:

Tanisha,
    My prayers are with you and your family. I have three brothers and I could not even begin to describe the pain you and your family are going thru. I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ will give you and your family peace and comfort, the only true peace that comes from God. And I pray that God will continue to bless Juan Martinez with a clear mind and to give him the strength to continue the good fight. God Bless you and your family!

4. Tanisha, I HOPE YOU READ THIS SOON: JODI CLAIMS SHE DROPPED CAMERA AND THATS WHY TRAVIS (GOD REST HIS SOUL) CAME AFTER HER, THE CAMERA WAS NEVER DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE PICS ACCIDENTLY TAKEN OF HER DRAGGING HIM (SO SORRY) SHE CANT HOLD A CAMERA AND DO THAT!!!!! NOR AS THE LIAR CLAIMS HAVE THE TIME TO PICK CAMERA BACK UP??????????????????? IT WAS ON A STRAP AROUND THE BITCHES NECK ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARTINEZ NEEDS TO ASK THIS OF HER

• Not to be rude…but have you been in a cave? Do you really think that Martinez don’t have the facts in the case? The trial has been broadcast all over the world for the past 5 months. My 6 year old knows the camera story. Just saying…

5. Florence says:

Tanisha, Samantha, and the boys, i AM SO SORRY FOR YOURE LOSS, IVE READ ALL OF TRAVIS BLOGS, LOVE THEM, I VE WATCHED EVERY IN SESSION, ON THIS TRIAL, I BELIEVE THIS NASTY **********, NEEDS TO FRY…SHES A JEALOUS BITCH, I HOPE TO GOD SHE DOES LIFE IN PRISON, I HAVE A FEELIN SHE WONT GET THE DEATH PENALTY, ALTHOUGH SHE DESERVES IT ,I BELIEVE SHE PLANNED TO KILL HIM, AND IF THE JURY DONT SEE THAT,( IDK ) i dont know …WHAT TO SAY… I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU GIRLS, AND TELL YOU CAMBRIDGE, MASS WANTS TO SEE JODI ARIAS FRY….OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU….THANK YOU FOR LISTENING, FLORENCE GATES, CAMB MA

6. What a beautiful wedding and beautiful bride.

• Sherrychii says:

VN:F [1.9.17_1161]please wait…Interacting with Travis Investigations was a great experience. Jamison Travis and her staff are inbredicly efficient, pleasant, prompt, and thorough. I was very impressed with how much they unearthed in just a few hours of billable time. The reports I received were articulate and well-organized. I recommend them whole-heartedly.I give them 5 stars!

7. Jeannie Dalrymple says:

Tanisha…… my heart just aches for you and your family. I can’t begin to imagine the pain of losing a beloved brother in such a horrific way, and then having to sit in court listening to LIES by his murderer. Please know there are so many people praying for all of you and praying for justice for Travis. It sounds like he was an amazing young man with so much to offer this world; I wish I could have known him. I know, however, that his legacy lives on in his writings and through his siblings who are there for him every day of this painful trial. He will be remembered forever. All my love to the Alexander family. God bless.

8. Never met a white girl named Tanisha before- very interesting. On a serious note, i’ve been following the trial for a month. I feel terrible for Travis and his entire family. Go to facebook and follow the Fry jodi arias page. Up to date trial info and viewer insight is given min by min

9. Suzi Ellis says:

Hello Tanisha..I love your wedding video.. What a beautiful couple, you two just light up the room as you both seem to be so very happy in love. I’m truly so happy for you both. I love all the photos & how that your family is so close & together so strong.We are so proud of all of your family to be able to hold your heads up high each day of having to deal with what all you’ve all been going through. I do admire each one of you for your courage in having to face everyday that you had to sit through in that court room.We are there with you in our sincere hearts & Juan Mertinez will make us all proud, I think Travis would really like him,I believe Travis will one day surely shake his hand in the afterlife, I do hope I’ll one day too meet Travis when I get to Heaven, he has touched our lives in such a big way & We are never going to forget Travis nor his most beautiful loving caring family.. May God be with you & bless you all Always.. We love you here in N.C. ^j^

10. Heather Williams says:

My heart absolutely aches for your family and what Jodi did to your sweet brother. I have read his blogs and heard what all of his many friends have thought of him. I know what a wonderful man he was
    and how he absolutely influenced this world. Jodi did nothing but use, abuse and take advantage of your brother. All he did was be the best
    possible man he could to her. She is absolutely evil and deserves to be put to death. I want nothing more than for her to suffer more than he ever did. I know nothing will bring him back, but I hope and pray that she will at least get everything she deserves for what she did to him. I have read all of Travis’ blogs and I only wish I could be as wonderful as a person as he was. After all the horrible things your family been through. For him to turn out as wonderful, sweet and caring as he did is unbelievable! Many people blame their problems on the cards they were dealt. I don’t know your brother, but I admire him so much!! I just wish he back on this earth because it’s obvious he made this world a better pace. I am praying for all of your family and I am so sorry.

11. Linda From CA says:

Has anybody considered the possibility that she may have had an accomplice? To move him, and to take him down to begin with, it would take considerable strength. One of my theories is that someone such as her friend in Utah, could have gone with her. Did she have someone come in and attack him, and she helped to finish the job? It makes more sense to me, yet she seems to have made such an effort to cover her tracks, so perhaps she wouldn’t have involved a possible witness. I’m glad that the family wild have some type of relief in the trial ending soon. God bless you all!

12. my thoughts and prayers to your family. may travis truly rest in peace.

13. Dear Tanisha Sorenson, I am so sorry for your loss!!!! I would like you to know that their is a cause on facebook of people who want justice for Travis and it has over 5000 people so far. My thoughts and prayers are with your family always. I cried with your family when the testimony were sad and that was a lot of the time they are.

14. charlene s says:

This family and friends are some of the most judgemental people I have ever seen. I realize they are not on trial, but it seems they are being very hipocritical in placing judgment on jodi even if she is responsible for horrible tragedy. I doubt, just due to my observations of the family (especially tanisha), in the courtroom and from her facebook pictures that she is the perfect mormon angel. This should prove that while jodi was bring judged by travis’ friends during their courtship, that they are in no way perfect and everybody has flaws. Maybe if they had tried to get past jodi’s weirdness, they might have been able to find a human being that was very insecure had low self esteem and a multitude of problems, but was still human and in need of friendship and belonging, and who also needed psychiatric help. Maybe, they could have helped her!

• Charlotte says:

I don’t think Travis introduced Jodi to any of his family, but if he did, none of them live in AZ. and they would not have had an opportunity to “help her” as they would not have known her that well. His grandma may have met her, his boss knew her and some church people did befriend her. In spite of that, she turned on them and killed their friend. But his family? No. Please don’t criticize them for something they had no control over. As if they haven’t suffered enough. Jodi has Borderline Personality disorder….part of the disorder is the sufferer does not think they are mentally ill and therefore does not want the kind of help you think his family should have offered her. WHAT?? Maybe HER family should have done that when she was much younger and beating her mother, growing pot, and moving in with a grown man as a 15 yr.old!! Ya think?

15. deedee parkhurst says:

to all the alexander family… my heart is with you every day of this horrible ordeal, i feel like i know you and believe me , you are close in my thoughts. i just went online last night and i seen some of the disturbing photos, made my stomach actually churn, how do you do this to someone else, i dont get it, i do agree with one of the commentator of tru tv, she is two scoops of crazy and she feels like she is the one being ridiculed, omg, how sick is that, jus twant you all to know i cry with you too! may you find peace ! take care of each other, many times over, im so sorry for your loss deedee parkhurst in grandview iowa, i am from missouri from live in iowa

16. Mark Scott says:

Hi Tanisha You and your brave family are in my prayers Jodi Arias should have been put to death a
    long time ago Travis was a Great young Man Jodi Arias took him away from you all i say this to the
    new jury that will come to put Jodi Arias to death please I want you to know that i support you all
    stay strong this is not over

Trackbacks

1. [...] for the trial of Arias and became interested in Travis’s family we have heard he had several sisters and brothers and this is how we bumped into  one of his brothers Dennis Gregory Alexander who might [...]

2. [...] in Riverside, California, with three brothers and four sisters: Gary Alexander, Greg Alexander, Tanisha Alexander, Samantha Alexander, Hillary Wixcox, Steven Alexander, and Allie [...]